Monday, April 23, 2012

Labor Pains

Went into "false" labor yesterday around 2 am. Here is a break down of what happened between 2 am and 11:30 am. Definitely not the outcome I was hoping to have. :(  
April 22, 2012, 2:00 am: I wake up from a dead sleep with a contraction that literally makes me want to cry. 
3:30 am: Still having contractions about every 10-15 minutes apart. This is getting annoying
4:30 am: Contractions are now between 7-10 minutes apart. Getting closer so make up my mind that when Chase and Ryan get up we will be going to the hospital. 
5:30 am: Get up and start getting ready to head to the hospital
7:30 am: Arrive at the hospital with my contractions about 5 minutes apart. Beginning to think THIS is IT!
9:30 am: Not dilating despite having contractions every 2-3 minutes.
11:30 am: Still not dilating but contractions have slowed to every 3-4 minutes and not as intense. So they send us home. :(
We left the hospital and I was very frustrated. I was beyond ready to have this baby. Skip ahead to about 9:30 pm, I am still having contractions about every 5-10 minutes. Talk about being frustrated. I decided a hot bath and bed was what I needed. The bath helped a little but it was still close to 12:30 or 1 am before I was able to finally fall asleep.
April 23,2012
Thankfully at some point throughout the night the contractions slowed to almost non-existant. An after I woke up today I had only had two contractions. MAJOR change from yesterday.
I had a doctor's appointment at 10:45. I called ahead and asked about having another ultrasound since I would be 38 weeks Thursday and Dr. Evans had said I would have another one at 38 weeks. So excited that we got to have the ultrasound. Trey's little cheeks are just so chubby looking. He only measured 2 days ahead today, but weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces. Dr. Evans gave us GREAT news when we finally got to see her. Since I have been having so many contractions the last 5 weeks, she really doesn't want us to go past 39 weeks. YAY! So we set a date to be induced incase Trey doesn't come on his own this week. He will be here May the 2nd AT LEAST! :) I am still hoping he decides to come on his own so that I can feel what it is like to go into full blown labor on my own. We shall see. I am going to try to upload some photos of Ryan tomorrow on here and Facebook. It has been a long time since I have added any of his funny crazy self. Life just wouldn't be fun without him to keep me going everyday! :)