Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Return From The Dead

I have been away WAY to long. Mostly because we did not have internet. We still do not have internet at home but I can now access my blog from my phone. :) What a year 2011 turned out to be. Here is a point by point run through. Try not to get to bored!  
  • We started out the year 2011 in a big 5 bedroom house with TONS of room but almost 30 minutes from any civilization. If you know me at all, you know that I love being close to my parents, church, and STORES. So we started out house hunting in the beginning of 2011. It was a slow process to which I thought we would never find the "right" house.
  • In February, we paid off our first car loan which helped our credit tremendously. Of course the next week Chase totalled out the Saturn so we had to buy another vehicle. Thankfully we were able to pay cash from the insurance and was able to get a second vehicle.
  • By April we knew that my working at Cato some 45 minutes from the house just was NOT making sense. I was spending more money on gas and babysitters then I was earning. So at the end of April I became a stay at home mom. The next week, we found out that we were expecting a baby. What a joy that was!
  • Two weeks after founding out we were pregnant, something happened and we lost the baby. Our Angel is never far from our minds even though I was only about 5 weeks pregnant I know that a living, breathing, baby had gone to be with Jesus. It is much easier to talk about now, but I was at a loss for weeks.
  • It was about 2 weeks after we lost the baby, that we found "the house". There was NO way we could afford it even though it was the CHEAPEST house with 11 acres we could find. It was a foreclosure which required at 20% down payment. Thanks to a grandmother that knows the value of land, and understood our desire to get closer to civilization, we were able to put in an offer on a house that needed a total remodel.
  • Some how God supplied, and by the end of June we were home owners to a 1 bedroom, 1 bath house with 11 acres. Now trying to figure out how we were going to live in 1 bedroom?? So were we. Thankfully because we did not have a loan on one of our vehicles we were able to borrow toward it to remodel the house. It was a LONG summer, half of which we spent living in a camper and taking showers in the unfinished bathroom of the house. We even managed to turn the 'dining' room into a master bed room to make our house a 2 bedroom house. Boy were we excited.
  • September 2011 was a very eventful month. We still weren't in the house but each day with me working little by little on the painting and trim, it was getting closer. September 3rd, we found out that we were expecting another miracle. I was so scared for weeks. However, I was scheduled to run a 5k on September 25th. I decided to run anyway despite being 6 weeks pregnant. I ended up running/ walking the 5k in 45 minutes and was quite proud of myself. I returned home that afternoon to a house full of family laying carpet, finishing the front porch, and moving in furniture. I was SUPER excited. We spent our first night in our new house on Saturday September, 25th. Ryan loved it so much he ran from his room, to our room, to the kitchen and bathroom about a dozen times before he finally laid down to go to sleep. :)
  • On September 27th, we had our first ultrasound and OB appointment which brought many tears of happiness to see and hear our little bean. 
  • In December 2011, a week before Christmas we found out that baby #2 was going to be a boy. We immediantly decided to name him Trey Daniel.  Yippee TWO boys! :) What more could I want??? Christmas and New Year's proved to be one of our happiest even though we did not get to go to Louisiana to visit family. :(
  • 2012 has so far been VERY eventful. I started working more hours at Curves, growing a little more everyday, feeling very thankful for all that God has given us. Then the first of February, I got a call from a doctor's office wanting to know if I would like to have an interview. I was ecstatic since I had put in resume's back in July and August of 2011 without one call. I had the interview fulling not expecting to get the job since I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. However, they called me the next day wanting me to start in a little over a week. I was excited, yet nervous. I took the job because I was so eagar to get my foot into the medical field door. However after only 3 weeks of working and barely 7 1/2 months pregnant, I started have contractions and bad back pain towards the end of the day. Finally, at 32 weeks I put in my two week notice for the sake of keeping baby in until at least 36 weeks and at the rate I was going I knew that was not going to happen. I loved my job but I am finding now that I am home, that I love being home with my son even more. If I can somehow find a part-time job at a medical office after Trey is born then I might go back to work. However, no job is worth being away from my kids and hubby for 50-55 hours a week.
That brings us to today! I am currently sitting at Curves manning the desk (since I can sit and work). I decided that I really want and need to get back into my blogging. I am going to try to keep it all about Ryan and Trey so that Chase's family can keep up with their daily/weekly progress. However, I intend to throw in a day once a week or so that is totally about me. Random thoughts sometimes just need to come out! :) Hope you guys haven't went into Monica Crazy Overload! Enjoy Your Wednesday!