Thursday, May 17, 2012

Trey Daniel's Delivery!

What a month we have had around here. I had said that I was going to post often on the blog but life has had other ideas. The Monday after my last post we had another ultrasound and decided to induce a week later. So I had one week to get everything taken care of before Baby Trey made his arrival. Of course I had a HORRIBLE week full of contractions and severe back pain. On Wednesday May 2nd, we went in to be induced.
That day was a day that changed my life forever. Having had one child I thought I knew exactly what to expect and that life wouldn’t be any harder with two. What was I thinking??
Labor and Delivery was perhaps the easiest delivery EVER. I mean I don’t think anyone has ever had it as easy as I seemed to have had it. They started the pitocin at 7 am on full blast. Then right after the anesthesiologist came in to give me the epidural. By 9 am, Dr. Evans was coming to break my water, and my contractions (although about every 4 minutes) weren’t that painful. After she broke my water the story changed. The epidural had done its work in every spot except for about a three inch diameter spot in the center of my stomach. For about an hour I suffered with pain that literally took my breath away. Then at 10:30 another anesthesiologist came in and gave me a shot of some pain meds thru the epidural line.
From about 11 am until 12 I dozed and slept. At 12:05 the nurse decided to come in and check me to see how I was doing. I was complete and Trey was about to make his appearance. So they start preparing the room and call Dr. Evans. After they had everything set up, she had me lean up, and then immediately had me lay back down. Trey was coming and he did NOT want to wait on the doctor. For the next 5 minutes from 12:15 until 12:20, my nurse had me panting to keep my contractions from pushing him out. Dr. Evans arrived around 12:20 and had me push THREE times and Trey was completely out. He came out crying and peeing all over Dr. Evans. It was a moment I will never forget. I didn’t feel ONE single thing! And it was HEAVENLY!! He was born at 12:26 p.m.  

The last two weeks with Trey has been very stressful, sleepless, and hectic but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I was miserable while pregnant with Trey, although I still loved every minute of the pregnancy. Having him here to hold anytime I want to, to love on, kiss on, and spoil is a blessing I hope to never take for granted. God has blessed our family so much!

First Family Picture